Tasmania's newest caravan park, just 30 minutes south of Hobart
Huon Valley Caravan Park is a beautiful park on a unique farm setting. Our powered and unpowered sites are very spacious and provide ample room for your car, caravan and annexe. Large sites are available for the big rigs. We have shared ensuite style bathrooms. There is a dump point located within the park. There is plenty of space for children to ride bikes around the grounds.
Dogs are welcome but are to be on-leash at all times.
The Park is located 1½km from the town of Huonville where you will find a post office, banks, petrol stations, restaurants, cafes and a supermarket.
The Park would make an ideal base for day trips into Hobart, Salamanca Markets, Mona, Bruny Island and southern Tasmania. You can catch the bus into Hobart from the front entrance of the park, leave your car or campervan at the park and not worry about parking.
- Kayaking & fishing in the Huon River
- Relax on the bank of the Mountain River
- Bike riding around the grounds
- Hand feed the chickens, sheep and goats
- Watch the cows being milked
- Watch how the milk from the cows is used to make cheese
- Walk through the apple orchards
- Explore the extensive vegetable patch and greenhouse
- Experience the taste of vegetables straight from the garden
- Watch Badge the working dog round up the sheep
- Relax by the campfire in the evening
Directions to the Park
The Park is located 37km south of Hobart - just follow the signs from Hobart to Huonville.
Upon arrival into Huonville, turn right at the roundabout onto Wilmot Road. Travel 1½km down Wilmot Road until you come to the Mountain River Bridge. The caravan park entrance is approximately 15 metres on the left after the bridge.